Thursday, May 6, 2010

Me Talk Pretty One Day

Me Talk Pretty One Day by David Sedaris

Essay/Humor

Stephanie Clark

This book is simply awesome! It was something that I could not put down and was the first book I was able to read in a long time that didn’t in some way have to do with art, school, or assignments. I had this on my shelf for four years, and finally, I had to take the time to read this. David Sedaris has such a memorable way of writing, and his timing is pitch perfect. This is one of those books that feels as if it fills the whole room, meaning that it absorbs you in its dialogue. I was laughing and retelling stories to everyone I knew and encountered on a daily basis. Even as annoying as I might have been, if I garnered a few more Sedaris followers and introduced people to what the title of this novel means, it is something I can rest peacefully with knowing.

Seriously, do yourself a favor, read Me Talk Pretty One Day, or listen to it on audio book being as Sedaris has a great voice. Otherwise, the only way I would consider you not wanting to read this book would be if you don’t like laughing, which is very sad indeed. In this case I recommend that you read this as a tragedy instead of a comedy.

No comments: