Thursday, February 14, 2008

Listen to this!

Kristen, HAPPY VALENTINE'S DAY! Yes, I came back to work just for the cookies and chocolate hearts we had--what a yummy holiday!

I've been out with a really bad cold. I felt especially bad because I'd told a student I'd get a certain book for her on Monday and then I couldn't. But we're getting it for her, and she'll soon be happily reading away.

Did you notice the title of this post? It's because, yes, we're going shopping for AUDIO BOOKS tomorrow! Soon students will be able to check out books on CD. Ought to make those long drives home for spring break much more bearable. Students: If you're interested in audio books, let us know what you'd like to see--oops! I mean, what you'd like to hear!

And if you've read something in the collection you especially liked, let's hear from you. Just comment back and we'll take it from there.

Time to investigate a box of chocolates a friend gave me. Interesting flavors--pear praline and sea salt caramel! I'll let you know what I think of them.

Tomorrow--audio books and lattes. And here I thought today was yummy!

1 comment:

sandi said...

Hooray! Audio books - the are great for when I want to do two of my favorite things at once - read and bead. Some of the best that I have heard are the Terry Pratchett "Tiffany" series - Wee Free Men, Hatful of Sky and Wintersmith. The actor who reads them does an amazing job with the Nac Mac Feegles' (just saying it makes you laugh) Scottish accents. These books may initially be targeted at upper juvenile readers but I've found them to be like the old Bugs Bunny-Road Runner comics - much more adult humor than anyone realizes. They are a hoot and also explore some coming of age issues. I'd highly recommend them.