Tuesday, June 3, 2008

June Bug

Last night I was sitting in my living room, engrossed in a mystery, when something kept running into the screen behind me, buzzing madly. I had to smile, since it was quite appropriate--yes, it was a June bug, and what was I reading? That's right--Jess Lourey's June Bug.

There's lots of regional interest in this book. When I think of summer, I think of fishing, for example. Not that I fish, mind you. It's something I like in theory but not in practice. But I'm happy to sit in the boat, getting sunburned and eating Nut Goodies. And since I'm a librarian, I'm partial to Mira, the main character.

Here's the really cool thing: Jess is going to be in Fargo at the B&N there on June 11 from 5-7, and in Moorhead at the public library on June 12 at 6:30. Kristen and I are planning to head down to Fargo on the 11th or to Moorhead on the 12th to say hi to Jess.

So if you're planning a road trip in the next couple of weeks either to Fargo or points east, you might want to check out Jess's website with her Appearances list. And maybe we'll see you in Fargo or Moorhead!

Janet

1 comment:

Popular Librarians said...

Wow Janet, May just flew by--now I have 2 mysteries to read! I hope you do the driving to Fargo so I can get the books done before we see Jess.
Later-
Kristen