Monday, October 6, 2008

New books!

I love this time of year. The days are cooler, the trees are doing their autumn thing, and I get to order new books!

So here's what I've just ordered:

1. INDIGNATION by Philip Roth. I'm really anxious to read this.

2. A LION AMONG MEN by Gregory Maguire. Has anyone been reading Maguire's Wicked Years series? This is #3.

3. LIBERTY by Garrison Keillor. And back we go to Lake Wobegon.

4. DOWNTOWN OWL by Chuck Klosterman. Chuck (Hey, can I call you Chuck?) is a UND graduate! This book takes place in Owl, ND, and it's another one I'll put on the top of my towering TBR (To Be Read) pile.

Plus here's the really cool thing--Chuck Klosterman is coming here for the March Writers Conference!

I'll let you know when the books arrive.

Meanwhile, enjoy these lovely October days (although as I write this post, it's rainy so I'm enjoying the weather inside) and remember, always have your bookmark IN a book!

--Janet

2 comments:

Popular Librarians said...

Janet, you forgot to mention the most important things about this time of year -- Gingerbread Latte's! Birthdays for some Scorpios we know and love, and getting an extra hour sleep when daylight savings kicks in...I do love this time of year and we'll be fighting over Downtown Owl and Indignation and, well, all of them!

Kristen

Popular Librarians said...

These books are now ready for check out,
Kristen 11/3/08