Friday, March 13, 2009

Feet up, book in hand...

SPRING BREAK!!
There is nothing like a vacation, even if you don't leave your chair. Actually, there are times when not having to leave your chair *is* the best vacation possible!

The Popular Librarians don't get the week off (grumble, grumble) but we'll celebrate with you in spirit. I'm planning to plunk myself in my recliner, cat in lap, lots of bad-for-me-but-tasting-so-good stuff at hand to eat and drink, and spend at least one evening revelling in the spirit of spring break. That means I'll sleep a little, watch a smattering of tv, and read the rest of the time.

But my spring break book has to be very special. I'm still trying to decide which one I'll select. It has to be a mystery, preferably a cozy mystery (I'm not big on guns and guts), and a hardcover is a lot easier to read from a sprawled-in-my-recliner position. Suggestions? Luckily we have this great Popular Reading collection that I can choose from.

BUT ENOUGH ABOUT ME (seriously). Let's talk about you! Are you taking a book on break with you? If you are, what is it? You are giving your brain cells some well-deserved recreation, we hope!

Have a safe and fun break! Come back rested and smiling and ready to finish up this winter!

And always have a book with you.

Janet (currently reading Coraline by Neil Gaiman and loving it!)

2 comments:

Carm said...

I've heard that "The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo" by Stieg Larsson is good. Just don't tell me how it ends! It's still on my "to read" list. :)

Enjoy your "pseudo-spring break"

Anonymous said...

This Spring Break I am determined to relax. Minneapolis sounds good, there is an exhibit at the Walker about Elizabeth Peyton, there is a cool little bookstore on Lyndale Avenue that I need to go into called Arise, and I have conveniently suckered someone else into driving. (I know, kind of mean, but now I have ample opportunity to read The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan.) I will let you all know how Pollan's book is. Stay safe and have fun!!!