Monday, February 4, 2008

Yummy books!

I can't wait for the new books to hit the shelves in Popular Reading. I'm especially excited about EAT, PRAY, LOVE by Elizabeth Gilbert. It's been creating a lot of buzz all over the internet and in the media. You've read it, haven't you, Kristen?

I read a terrific book this past week. WICKED LOVELY by Melissa Marr. It'll be on the shelves soon, too. It's soooooo incredible. It's what's called an "urban fairytale"--no charming Tinkerbell type fairies in this book. Instead they're human-sized faeries...with an agenda. I'm such a here-and-now person that I didn't think I'd like it but I loved it! It's brilliantly plotted and written with a glittering beauty.

While I'm waiting for EAT, PRAY, LOVE, I'll think I'll cozy up with a mystery. I do love a good mystery, don't you? Especially when it's snowy! Now the problem is: Which one do I chose????

Janet

2 comments:

Melissa Marr said...

Thanks for the kind words on WL :)

Melissa

Unknown said...

I read WL last month and thought it was a really good book! Unlike you, Janet, I'm into fantasy and, even though this is set in modern day (a nice twist on fantasy!), it certainly satisfied my fantasy cravings. :)

There's one thing I found *really* interesting about this book. It's all about choices we make and, even though we may think we have to choose a, b, or c, if you use a little imagination you can come up with option d! I loved that twist!

Joan